My first graders painted owls:
- The owls body, including wings, head and ears
- Add skinny legs
- Add dots for the pupils
- White- owls body, including wings, head and ears
- Black- outline,skinny legs, pupils
- Black- add small feather strokes…little “u’s”
- White-Snowy background
Lastly they were given a strip of brown construction paper to make a branch and glue under the feet.
Can you say ADORABLE!…I found this on Pinterest and had to do this project with my students so I must share because the Pinterest post did not have directions just a image. Have Fun!!
My second grade did collage owls:
- Paint snow all over their construction paper and glue a brown branch to the bottom of their paper.
- They were given two circle templates for the body, to trace, cut out and glue onto paper above the branch.
- Use small pieces of torn paper to fill in the body.
- Two cupcake liners for eyes, use yellow paper for the circles inside.
- Use a small piece of black construction paper to make a beak, legs and feet.
- Lastly fold paper and trace wing template, cut out and glue them on the sides of the owl.